Understanding Semaglutide, aka the “Hollywood Diet,” and its Weight-Loss Benefits
Semaglutide is a weekly injection that has proven very effective when it comes to weight loss, as well as chronic weight and diabetes management, because of its ability to neurologically suppress your appetite.
Semaglutide is safe, effective, and was approved for weight management by the FDA in 2021.
While results vary from patient to patient, it is possible to lose up to 20 pounds in only two months and even as much as 50+ pounds in 4 months.
Additional benefits of semaglutide include:
- Decreased caloric intake due to reduced appetite
- Increased satiety or feeling of fullness
- Fewer cravings
- Slower rate of digestion
- Reduced percentage of body fat
- Lowered weight and reduced waist circumference
- Lowered incidence of cardiovascular concerns associated with type 2 diabetes and other cardiovascular conditions
- Decreased blood sugar levels
- Reduced blood pressure
- Fewer symptoms of inflammation
- Enhanced quality of sleep
How do I get started with a semaglutide regimen?
For ideal candidates, the process of starting with semaglutide is easy as 1, 2, 3.
Check it out!
- Find out if you are an ideal candidate by contacting our office for your professional consultation. Good news! Most insurances cover the lab testing required to get started.
- Start your prescription! Your consultation includes a complete health history, physical exam and nutritional counseling regarding the use of semaglutide. Also, for those patients who have a needle-phobia (we get it!), you’ll be pleased to know that the needle used for semaglutide injections is so tiny most patients don’t even notice it.
- Watch the weight fall off, knowing that our team is standing by to support your weight loss journey, answering any questions or addressing any of your concerns as they arise.
Not sure if semaglutide is right for you?
Starting any kind of weight management program can be daunting, which is why we invite you to contact our team when you’re ready to discuss this option and how it could be the perfect fit for you.